Tuesday 24 July 2012

Street Walkin'

July 8, 2012


           Not even two days wandering the cobble stone streets of Galway and already I’ve managed to run into the same group of buskers I stumbled upon at the Aran Islands. 
           This group of musicians, which I later found out go by the name of Mikey & the Scallywags, lives in Galway and plays shows around the surrounding counties on the regular. The guy on the far left (below) is named Alan and is from County Sligo.  After this song I asked him if they frequented the Aran Islands much and he told me it was his first time there too. 
           Apparently they happened to run into a man with a luxury cruise liner earlier who asked if they wanted to hop a ride to the islands. Alan went on to say he enjoyed the Aran Islands, but that Galway was a craic'n little town. Couldn’t agree more.





No comments:

Post a Comment