Tuesday 17 July 2012

This House Ain't Got No Roof


July 6, 2012





We took a day trip to one of the three Aran Islands (Ishmine) about thirty minutes off the West coast of Doolin this day. We Biked through a stone valley, found a rocky beach covered with mussels,  and explored a shipwrecked boat from the 1950s.
The day came to an end when I strayed (got lost) from the group and sat down to have a rest along the pier. After five minutes of sketching a bit of the coastline I began to hear the voice of a cynical Irishman screaming in the distance. 
After walking towards the sound I stumbled upon a killer pub with some outdoor seating and discovered the man wasn’t cynical, he was just throwin’ down on the geetar and singing about the devil.



Side Note- I thought the lady in the foreground of the video was annoying too, until I sat next to her and her two sons on the ferry back to Doolin. They’re from Eindhoven and her boy with the black jacket is an Ajax (Amsterdam) fan. Cool in my book. 



No comments:

Post a Comment